Sunday, January 29, 2012

'Whoa, I'm gonna snag these.'

MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) -- Fifteen-year-old Taylor Townsend wasn't intimidated by playing the most important match of her young tennis career at 15,000-seat Rod Laver Arena on Saturday.

Taylor Townsend

In fact, she took a souvenir so she could remember the experience.

"I was actually surprised that I saw four towels, like two towels on one seat, two towels on the other,'' she said. "I was like, 'Whoa, I'm gonna snag these.' That's exactly what I did.''

Townsend, a native of Stockbridge, Ga., took home a couple of trophies, as well.


Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/tennis/01/28/taylor-townsend-aussie.ap/index.html#ixzz1krotxFkh

Taylor Townsend, 15, wins Australian Open girls event - Tennis - SI.com

No comments: