Friday, November 23, 2007

DTV doesn't want you to know this..

DTV should be VERY worried now that HD and digital tv signals are being received very clearly in 'rural' areas; DTV's bread and butter customers. Hell, cable companies should be scared too! The fees being charged for cable and satellite are out of hand.

Digital signals for metro transmitters are now strong enough to reach 50+ miles away. I recently found this out with a new TV and using the auto program feature on the tuner. (see my post on the inexpensive antenna on 11/14/07)

Imagine my surprise when ALL of my local channels had multiple digital offerings that came in beautifully without snow or interference!

Now that these signals are viewable in a wider range, I also believer that the FCC should continue enforcement of the rule that forbids a company to own both a newspaper and a television or radio station in the same city. Ideas and opinions central to a single owner of multiple media outlets will now be monopolistic throughout the new range or area, so I believe this law is MUCH more important than any time in the past.

If you own stock in DTV or its related companies, I would sell now.

DTV Offers Tivo Users An Upgrade And A Headache - Seeking Alpha

No comments: