Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Experience with Hawking Technology (and WOOT)

I saw these cool WiFi locators on Woot about two weeks ago. They were on sale for 2 for $25 I think.

Anywho, I buy two. They arrive and both don't work. So's I go to the Hawking site and
look up the support number. I call in and get the hold music that drifts in and out, in and out. This for about four minutes. I hang up.

I find the support email and send out the following to:

techsupport@hawkingtech.com
date Feb 20, 2007 9:04 PM
subject HWL1 Problems
mailed-by gmail.com

I've just received two units that I bought online.

Neither of them will start. Batteries have charge of 3.20v, 3.30v,
Second unit 3.00v, and 2.99v.

Batteries are inserted as directed into the lid with first battery
positive side up, the second battery positive side down. Inserted the
tray.

Nothing happens within 20 feet of a working wireless router.


Here is the reply from Hawking tech support;

************************************************************************

You can try one battery and make sure the metal on the middle have good
connection.

************************************************************************

Do you understand that sentence? Me neither....

So I sense a good communication thread coming. I will post more as I receive them. This should be a good one.

Have you seen my stuff? Buy MY stuff!

No comments: